Telecom Analysis Associate
The Basic Summary
The Telecom Analysis Associate is responsible for sourcing telecom services for multiple customers, with an emphasis on reducing customer expenses. This team member will interface with telecom service providers (i.e. CenturyLink, Verizon, AT&T, Spectrum, Comcast, etc.) on behalf of the customers to request pricing, negotiate contracts, and analyze telecom expenses. The Telecom Analysis Associate will work through pre-established channels to obtain pricing and contracts. It is important that the Telecom Analysis Associate maintain an understanding of Telecom technologies and trends.
- Analyze customer invoices to identify current telecom services and opportunities for potential savings.
- Request pricing for telecom and IT services from service providers such as CenturyLink, Verizon, AT&T, Spectrum, Comcast, and others.
- Create cost-savings solutions using company databases in a comparative and/or non-comparative format.
- Develop recommendations for customers to migrate to newer technologies and request pricing for respective services.
- Escalate pricing delays and projects to service providers’ management to resolve issues
- Contact service providers to verify customer asset inventory and billing records are up-to-date.
- Participate in technology discussions with customers and uncover opportunities for savings and service enhancements
- Read educational materials as needed and directed for job proficiency.
- Provide updates to Customer Success Managers and/or customers for pricing requests
- Managed work time responsible and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree, or at least two years of related experience preferred
- Must be able to work a full-time 40-hour work week (Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm EST) which may include occasional overtime
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- General aptitude for learning about technology
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interactions with customers and service providers
- Able to work independently and manage time appropriately with minimal direction
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask when necessary
- Must have critical thinking skills with the ability for creative problem solving
- Ability to read and interpret invoices and other detailed documents
- Familiarity with service provider contracts and basic legal terminology
- Familiarity with telecommunications and/or IT infrastructure
- Self-motivated to continually attend available trainings and continually develop an understanding of emerging technologies.