The Basic Summary
The IT Analyst is responsible for the ongoing technical support and service assurance of all client issues associated with Wireline, IT and Managed Security. The analyst will be expected to have an advanced knowledge of Wireline and IT help desk support and a basic understanding of managed security. This individual will be able to work independently and take initiative to resolve client issues with a focus on minimizing adverse impact to their business operations.
Schedule is Monday-Saturday 6:00 pm – 3:00 am
- Provide first and second level customer support for Wireline and IT issues including troubleshooting basic issues with computer hardware, network/internet connectivity, voice services, email, and software applications as well as completing client requests for password and user account administration
- Provide first level support and screening for managed security issues associated with network, endpoint and email products to include detection, identification, and escalation of potential security threats
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of how carrier services interact with clients’ equipment and internal network in order to efficiently and effectively diagnose and engage appropriate resources.
- Manage repair process to ensure the accurate diagnosis and timely first-time resolution of service impairments. Refer repeat and chronic trouble reports to management’s attention to achieve final resolution and customer satisfaction. Utilize technical knowledge to pursue service alt-routing and redesign opportunities to reduce customer impact when appropriate.
- Develop ability to navigate, utilize and maintain all pertinent internal databases and tools to ensure the timely and accurate documentation of all service history and dispositions.
- Create and maintain documentation for client and internal tasks and procedures
- Provide clients with “concierge” service-seek every opportunity to build client trust in One Source Services by providing top quality work. Commitment to provide a consistent level of outstanding service to clients, always maintaining a positive attitude. Serve every client in a way that you would want to be served.
- Maintain continued communication with client by providing status updates during the resolution process if the issue is not resolved in one call. Use creative problem resolution skills to offer suggestions for temporary solutions if possible, to assist clients until full resolution is complete. Ensure timely follow through and prompt follow up.
- Demonstrate an understanding of proper escalation channels.
- Develop and/or revise best practices and processes for Help Desk procedures
- Work after-hours on-call as necessary to ensure that clients are served with excellence.
- Graduation from high school or high school equivalency is required
- Customer service experience
- Previous experience as a system analyst, help-desk support provider, or equivalent role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Network certifications are helpful but not required
- Exceptional computer and system skills on Microsoft based clients
- Strong understanding of networking including design, configuration and endpoints
- Incident response/host investigation knowledge
- Independent, takes initiative, and delivers results
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience with procedure writing or other technical writing
- Previous experience with managed security
- Intricate knowledge/experience with workstation, server and network diagnostics, repair, and installation
- Expertise with MS Windows Server, MS Exchange, ConnectWise, or N-Able
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ and various Microsoft certifications
- Experience with VDI, virtualization technologies, or cloud hosting
- Understanding of the fundamentals of DNS, especially as related to mail servers
- Familiarity with Cisco firewalls and other appliances
- Experience with phone wiring and phone switch installation / programming / maintenance