Customer Care Associate
The Basic Summary
Customer Care Associates are responsible for providing outstanding service to clients for their local, long distance and internet needs. This associate will begin to develop knowledge relating to telecommunications and IT technology, carriers, and terminology. The associate will build communication skills in order to professionally communicate with clients to report their service issues. Customer Care Associates will learn basic troubleshooting protocol in order to effectively direct repair issues to appropriate technical channels. The ability to work well individually and as a team player is essential. A basic understanding of telecommunications and IT principles and practices is desirable but not required.
- Maintain professional communication and courtesy in every interaction with clients and coworkers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to an extraordinary level of customer service and creating outstanding customer service
- Utilize effective listening skills.
- Answer incoming calls and emails that are directed to the department.
- Pay close attention to details.
- Work with other associates and departments to provide the best and most timely solutions for clients.
- Develop a workable understanding of telecommunications technology, products and services.
- Maintain continued communication with client by providing status updates during the resolution process.
- Ensure timely follow through and prompt follow up.
- Develop knowledge of resources available to One Source
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask in order to manage daily workload.
- Develop ability to navigate, utilize and maintain internal databases. Enter and update information in appropriate databases.
- Ensure that clients will be served in the event of a planned or unplanned absence.
- Manage work time responsibly and efficiently. Seek to serve other team members when all individual responsibilities are caught up.
- Customer service experience strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office Proficiency and general aptitude for learning about technology